Global Ambassadors (GA) are an organized and mobilized group fo GPP alumni who work closely with the Global Projects Program in the IGSD to promote off-campus opportunities to the WPI community. Student volunteers act as a resource for students, alumni, and parents who are interested in learning about off-campus opportunities as well as to help returned students unpack their off-campus experiences upon returning so that students understand the added value of off-campus programs to their academic and professional lives.
What do the Global Ambassadors do?
- Global Fair
- Assist IGSD with set up and coordination of the fair, prior to and during the event. Act as a resource to prospective students by answering site specific questions at project center tables.
- Site Info Sessions
- Attend site specific info sessions to talk about experience on site and answer student questions.
- International Education Month
- Assist with organization and set up of IGSD sponsored activities.
- Back to Campus and Beyond!
- Attend returned student events to offer advice for returned students on how to stay involved with Global Ambassadors and how to articulate value of off campus experience.
- Photo Contest
- Assist with facilitating the Photo Contest, including selecting finalists and displaying photos for voting.
- Goats Gone Global
- Present an international or culturla experience at the Goats Gone Global event in D-Term.
- The Towers Travel Column
- Submit an travel colum to The Towers
- Other Events
- Meet with alumni, potential donors, and other WPI colleagues to talk about the value of their project experience.