How to Apply
1. Attend a site information session and browse the program online.
Please make every effort to attend an information session to receive more information. You may browse the brochures for Exchange programs through the Global Portal.
Konstanz Site Sessions:
- Thursday, September 13 from 4:00pm - 5:00pm in SL 411
- Monday, September 17 from 5:00pm - 6:00pm in SL 305
- Thursday, September 13 from 5:00pm - 6:00pm in WB 226
- Monday, September 17 from 4:00pm - 5:00pm in WB 226
2. Review eligibility (Konstanz program only).WPI’s Exchange with Konstanz, Germany allows students with a minimum of 3 terms or equivalent of German language of to spend D&E term enrolled at Hochschule fu¨r Technik, Wirtschaft und Gestaltung (HTWG). Students must be 18 years of age and have received B’s or above in German courses to apply. Please write your autobiographical essay in German if you are in your second year of German study and in English if you are in your first year.
Start your application by clicking "Apply Now" on the Program Brochure. Then select "I have a username and password" to prompt the WPI login screen. You should login with your WPI credentials.
All applicants must be in good academic standing at the time of application. Be sure to read and complete all documents in the "Application Questionnaires" section and the "Signature Documents" section on your applicant page. You will see a check mark after you complete the section.
Important Note for All Applicants: You must start an application before you can log in to this site. Any time that you are trying to log into the Global Portal Website prior to having started an application you will get an error message.
Each applicant will be interviewed. The Center Director will contact you to set up an interview after the application deadline has passed.
5. Notification and confirmation.
You will receive notification from IGSD informing you of the outcome of your application: accepted, provisionally accepted, or not accepted. You must review and return the appropriate documents (links to these requirements will appear on your applicant page) to the IGSD by the deadline to secure your participation in the program. If you are accepted to a Project Center, you must let us know whether or not you wish accept the placement. If you decline your placement your slot will be opened up to candidates on the waitlist and you will forfeit your opportunity to participate in the program.